Mary Poppins!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I saw the very first preview of Mary Poppins! COOL!

Ok, the show is not the same as he movie, there are quite a few differences. After having read the playbill, I see how most of the differences between the stage show and the movie come from the original Mary Poppins books. It's mentioned how Travers (the author) and Cameron Mackintosh (show's producer) met and how he's sort of granting her wish with this production of seeing a more faithful adaptation of her work presented to massive audiences. Saldy, she passed away, but the show is here!

On the other hand, I was a little disappointed because it wasn't a carbon copy of the film. Sue me. Still, all in all, it's a fun show. I mean it eventually grows on you. I definitely think it will be a huge hit, no matter what, haha.

Here are my detailed opinions, along with those of some other people (my screen name in this BBR is "darien":
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/display_message.php?id=75815

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home