Books, books, books

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Speaking of the library, I just wanted to say how much I LOVE libraries. I mean it’s a fantastic concept: learn stuff, for FREE!

Here in San Diego, Mexican citizens can get library cards (sure, they charge a little extra, but it sure is worth it!). You can get all kinds of books (in Spanish even), CD’s (tons of original cast albums! Yippie!) even videos and DVD’s! I love libraries! (hey, that rhymes… neat).

I don’t mean to say any of this in a geeky way (although you can’t really deny the geek factor when professing your love for libraries, haha). Truth is, I was practically born in one, haha. Honest! (well, sorta). My mom was really, REALLY pregnant during the last months of her masters and frequently took trips to the SDSU library; she even said that she felt us kicking while she was reading, hehe. That has to be my favorite library in all SD. It’s HUGE and has so many books on theater I could just live there. Really. You also get to see cute college guys all the time… what more could you want?!?!?! =P

7 Comments:

  • At January 07, 2005 1:40 AM, Blogger Zachary said…

    Are you a native born Mexican or just live in Mexico?

     
  • At January 07, 2005 6:03 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Well, I was proudly born, raised and educated in the good old United States of MEXICO! =D (that´s the official name of my country, by the way, hehe).

    I live in Tijuana (on the border with the San Diego, CA), that's why I've spoken English from a young age. Where are you from?

    -Germy

     
  • At January 08, 2005 12:12 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    The official name of Mexico in English is United Mexican States (Estados Unidos Mexicanos) ^_^

    Anyway, you're a ñoño, a tall and evil ñoño!

     
  • At January 10, 2005 4:05 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Well, I used that name (not out of ignoance, mind you) but to make it sound like I was saying the USA... DUH! Since you've been looking stuff up, you could try researching "sarcasm". Ha!

    -Germy

     
  • At January 10, 2005 11:04 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    Luego luego la agresión from this Mexican guy who doesn't know the name of his country.

    Am I improving as a pocho? :)

     
  • At January 11, 2005 12:14 AM, Blogger El loco de allá said…

    Disculpen, pero podrias publicr tu blog bilingue??????, anda porfa, atte Fer

     
  • At January 11, 2005 1:14 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Umm... well, I'm not very inclined to publish stuff in Spanish. It's not that I don't like writing in my mother tongue, it's just that this space is aimed at an English-speaking audience. Sorry, 'Nando.

    Drop me a line if you want me to translate any one post (germy_ags@yahoo.com). See you.

    -Germy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home