I feel pretty

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Not long ago I decided to meet some friends as a gay club here in town. I had a previous engagement and said I would catch up with them later at this bar downtown. It's a nice place and the music is cool. Anyways, my previous engagement went on longer than I had planned and I ended up getting to the bar rather late. Not exactly too late by gay standards, but since my friends were going bar-hopping, it was too late to find them. Dammit.

Anyways, I made my way inside trying to find my buds and I noticed that quite a couple of heads were turning my way. I even met two old acquaintances (who did not know I was gay, btw) and even had some guys putting the moves on me. And I was there for like 10 minutes, haha. Granted, "new meat" is always news at gay bars, it still felt kinda special.

Ok, ok, I don't really like going out and saying "I felt pretty". It makes me feel silly and I seem to be betraying my own beliefs, that exteriors are only that: superficial representations of who we are. Still... it does feel nice to be appreciated. Even if it has nothing to do with who you are. Sort of. Ha!


I feel pretty and witty and gay...
-Stephen Sondheim

1 Comments:

  • At February 11, 2005 10:12 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    "I even met two old acquaintances (who did not know I was gay, btw)"You're always have this kind of stories. Everyone is gay in Tijuana :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home