Dev, pros and cons

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What I like about being a software developer:

-I get to arrive at work at 10am and it's ok, hehe.
-I get to sit around and think about the best and most efficient way to do something. And it's ok, hehe.
-I'm encouraged to do on-the-side projects that don't contribute to the company's bottom line, but that I consider "fun". And it's ok. Haha.
-I get to code. And that's REALLY ok, hehe.
-I get to debug (not always good, but usually fun).
-I get handed a spec and I have to make all the 1's and 0's turn into exactly what's on the page.
-I get to push around graphic designers and sales staff, hehe... and it's OK! :-P

What I don't like about being a software developer:

-I wish I had a more dynamic role in user interface design.
-Everything I say about usability and information design can be second guessed by the official designer. DAMMIT! (Who happens to be REALY hot, btw)
-I'm off to a slow start at becoming a usability guru. Double DAMMIT!
-I don't get to practice any cool CSS stuff.
-I don't write as much as I'd like to (text).
-Nobody wants to fuck computer geeks. :-(
(HA! NOT TRUE!!!! hahahaha... or so I keep telling myself... sniff, sniff)

6 Comments:

  • At April 26, 2005 6:57 PM, Blogger SJES said…

    Pro: You get to speak in technical terms and make fun of non IT people.

    Con: Nobody wants to fuck computer geeks. Oh. You already mentioned it. My bad. ;)

     
  • At April 26, 2005 7:32 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    That is sooo cruel! :-O

    I will prove this wrong!!! Sniff, sniff... or maybe just say I'm a advertising executive or something, haha.

     
  • At April 27, 2005 10:56 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    "I wish I had a more dynamic role in user interface design."

    Please no! For the good of the people :P

     
  • At April 27, 2005 11:41 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    The impertinence!!! :-O

    Well, FYI, user interface design is NOT graphic design. I admit I'm very bad at graphic design and have no real interest in it... but I've become intrigued by UI, or "user experience", design. Which is more like planing how to make a site easier to use and more intuitive.

    Anyways, the pertinent issue here is getting me laid! Hellooooo!!!

     
  • At April 27, 2005 3:38 PM, Blogger SJES said…

    But that won't be easy if you keep saying you're a computer geek. Ooops. Sorry again. My bad.

    Try doctor, philosopher or business executive (we are, in Hilton words, "hot").

    Ok?

     
  • At April 27, 2005 3:47 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Shush! That's enough from you! Quit scaring them away! Arrrggghhh!!!

    And quoting Paris Hilton now, are we? Well, that is not "hot", ok? :-P

    -Germy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home