"Quotable Quotes"

Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Honey, we're pretty. We don't have to put up with these men, I mean we can go out and we can have any guy we want!"
-Drunk English girl smoking weed in an alley, when discussing our problems with our significant others.


"The bread here is bad; I heard it was because of the humidity and our altitude."
"Altitude? But we're at sea level, we're on the beach. Our altitude is like, zero."
"Oh... then it's because of the humidity, for sure."
-My roommate and me, on why the bread here stinks.


"Me encanta que me penetren."
-The friend of a work colleague (a girl, mind you), when talking about girls and sex. Yikes.


"I'm totally ok with Gay people. It's just that near my hotel there's so many damn much of them."
-My cousin, when I was testing her for homophobia and my homophobe-meter went thru the roof. She turned out to be ok with me being gay tho... I think.


"I took my cousin and his girlfriend to this stripper show at the best-known gay club in town. And we were in shock because the very first stripper took off his thong and showed off his 'business' to the crowd. I mean it's just not right; they only used to do that until the third or fourth guy came out to dance".
-My boss (who's straight, btw).

5 Comments:

  • At April 13, 2005 8:48 AM, Blogger SJES said…

    Loved the third one. It sounded so... sincere...

     
  • At April 13, 2005 8:58 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    Mr. Perfect TOEFL Score

    Quotation is the noun, quote is the verb: "Quotable Quotations"

     
  • At April 13, 2005 10:00 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    :O
    Really, the nerve of some people!

    Please check out this entry in Dictionary.com and you'll find that "Quote" is also an informal noun and therefor a synonym of quotation. Ignorance is soooo ugly...


    Hahaha. :P

    -Germy

     
  • At April 13, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    When too many people are ignorant, something has to be done in order to make them feel better.

    That is part of the culture, I agree. You can be defensive or you can learn from your mistakes :)

     
  • At April 13, 2005 11:26 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Oh, lighten up. The correct phrase is "Why thank you, Germy, I've learned a new connotation today."

    :P

    -Germy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home