*cringe*

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm designing the new web site for the AIDS organization here in town. Geez, this is a lot harder than I ever imagined. I have very limited (if any) designing skills, so I'm keeping it simple; very few colors, only one font (see, Psesito!), simple geometric shapes. I want to keep the tone formal and serious. The previous design was just laughable. I'm also going to launch the English language version, this with the hope of landing a grant from an International organization... keep your fingers crossed.

The old design had WAY too many options in the vertical menu. Sometimes the title didn't convey what the section was about (huh?) and then the titles seemed liek they were all talking about the same thing. I've made the site menu horizontal and reduced the menu options. This leaves a lot more free space on the page for info and and for secondary navigation (which will be needed becasue I condensed some sections of the site).

I'm going to have to pressure the coordinator to create some additional copy for some revamped sections and for some new ones also. From what I've seen, he doesn't really like to, you know, work. Sheesh. Good thing I love a challenge... sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home