Emoticon regulation

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ok, the use of those damn animated emoticons is getting WAY out of hand. Their distribution and use should be much more limited... legislation should be put in place to severely regulate them. There are too many people who just overuse them, BIG TIME! There is nothing more annoying than reading a message where half the information is displayed in little moving pictures. Give me a break!

Halt, I say! In the name of sanity and good taste!!!

Germy has spoken...

4 Comments:

  • At July 26, 2005 8:42 AM, Blogger SJES said…

    I'm with you! Down with the emoticons!!!

     
  • At July 26, 2005 11:12 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Well, I'm not against ALL emoticons. Just the ones that really add no meaning to the message.

    I'm totally against the excessive use of silly animated emoticons that don't help in communicating your message. What's wrong with a cimple happy face??? And has anybody seen those damn "Winks"?!?!?! GEEEZ! They invade your entire window! Give a break! And those damn "nudges"... can anybody say "ANNYOING"????

    -Germy

     
  • At July 26, 2005 11:08 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    The one that I hate the most is... the "jajaja" animated. It looks like an insane laugh.

     
  • At July 27, 2005 10:24 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    I know, animated "jajaja"'s REALLY give me the creeps, geez!

    I was chatting with this guy who had this CH logo of I don't remember what (ChapulĂ­n Colorado?) and he had it programmed to appear whenever he typed the letters "ch"... so it would appear A LOT for no goddamm reason!!! COME ONE!

    Another least favorite is the animated and blinkin question mark. Visual contamination! It gives no semantic value! THERE OUTTA BE A LAW!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home