Movies, movies

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I saw some action flicks this past week... and I was pretty much disappointed. Sort of.

First I saw Fantastic 4. Ok, this was pretty lame. When you start getting bored during an action movie, I think it's a pretty good sign the film sucks. But, in all honesty, I have to say I was satisfied because one of the major reasons I went to see it was because of the gorgeous guy playing the Human Torch (Chris Evans). What a hunk! He has a beautiful face and an incredible body. And since he lights up quite a few times, he obviously burns off all his clothing and is left butt-naked like 3 times! Oh my! Well worth the price of admission (which was just over $3.5 USD; haha).

Yesterday I dragged my offciemate to see War of the Worlds. Sure, I had heard mixed reviews, but I'm a total sucker for disaster/end-of-the-world/special-FX extravaganzas. I saw the original movie a while ago and I remember it being quite good, making a lot of emphasis on the human side of the story, how people actually deal with the invasion and the despair it ensues. This shiny new remake was, well, serviceable... and not much else. I mean the effects were quite spectacular, no complaints there. The story, as mysterious and concise as ever. Still, there was just no real zing to it. I left the theater and immediately forgot about it. Completely. I remembered thanks to my ticket stub and to the fact that I wanted Dakota Fanning to just be killed. My office mate said that I was being a total asshole for wanting the death of a (VERY) impressionable young child. I said "Well, it would sure be original and daring for the movie to go and kill the screaming annoying little girl". But alas, it was not to be. Opportunity lost.

UPDATE: OMG! I can't believe I forgot to mention an incredibly hot plus to seeing Fantastic 4... Julian McMahon! This guy is also on the show Nip/Tuck (a really well written show, btw, and he's a total babe!) and he is just SO much more hot being an evil villain!!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home