Mormons or "Please, take my wives!"

Friday, August 19, 2005

Ok, these people are just insane. It’d hard enough to buy the whole Jesus Christ story, but since it’s so ancient and revered, you might (and I say MIGHT) just get caught up in the whole ancientness of it and go along (if not at least by giving them the benefit of the doubt). But if your Messiah is from the XIX Century (like Joseph Smith, “prophet” of the Mormon Church and it’s “founder” in 1830)… COME ON! There are documented cases of con men that date from earlier than that! Ha! As the story goes, an angel appeared to him and he founded a Church in New York City (any similarity to the story in “Angels in America” is completely coincidental, NOT!). I rest my case… this guy was a NUTCASE! But were worse nutcases? The people who believed him!!!

I mean really, it’s just ridiculous to look at a prophet without the veil of time and the forgiving mist of misinformation across the ages that so benefits the Catholic Church. This totally qualifies as cult status in my book. Anything less than 2000 years-old ought not to be trusted…

Since I got burned in the past for being an ignorant turd, I did a whole 7 minutes of research on Google for this article, and if you’re not familiar with Mormons, here’s a neat link for some quick facts about this cult, err, I mean religion. It’s from the BBC, so you’re at your own risk, honeys…

I especially dislike Mormons because they are extremely homophobic. Even more so than Catholics. They have MUCH stricter rules governing behavior… and much stricter punishments. I guess some people feel more secure on tight leashes… I call these people “FUCKING DOGS!!!”.

And what’s with the whole having a bunch of kids stuff? Haven’t you ever heard of OVERPOPULATION?!?!?! HELLO! Earth to Salt Lake City! Stop fucking! And what’s with the deal about having a bunch of wives?!?! COME ON! And you think homosexuality is immoral?!?! Fucking hypocrites… maybe if gay people started getting all polygamous, then you’d accept us… but that could actually turn counterproductive to the movement, being accepted by such terminally square and fashion blind idiots!

The fact that in 1980, after “praying for guidance, Church President Woodruff announced an end to ‘plural’ marriage” makes this whole "religion" a sham in my eyes. That’s called selling out! Although this sooo smells like the Catholics finally “realizing” that the Jews were no longer really at fault for killing Jesus Christ… too bad it took them until the 1960’s to figure this out… right after Israel was founded and the Jews were a military force… coincidence? Methinks not. Catholics are mean bigoted bullies, but they’re not stupid. Mormons neither. They caved into persecution. This has inspired me to continue my religious intolerance in the hopes of change…

Still, Germy finds Mormons’ fervent faith and devotion intriguing…

Believing in God is hard; ask any believer.
-Yann Martel


I admit that faith is not easy. It’s not as automatic and bottomless as one might first imagine. Faith can only really take you so far… then you have to jump. They don’t call it a “leap of faith” for nuttin’ (hear that, agnostics???)... Mormons have taken their own leap. It’s just a lot bigger than most other people. It’s funny, but leaping into the deep and uncertain past (like Christians) seems a lot easier than leaping into the XIX Century. Now that takes faith. Or just a bunch of really crazy people suffering from mass delusions. Guess which one I think Mormons are…

Next up, Islam. Geez, I sure hope no Jihadists read this blog...

3 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2005 11:42 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    May I ask you something? I know this is a personal blog, but... do you have a purpose with these intolerant messages?

    I believe it is a way to say what you don't like about something without the burden to sustain it or to make it logical for everyone, but for you and your personal satisfaction. Am I right or am I lost?

    In general, I use my blog for the same reason. Just thoughts and that's all, but I'd like to hear your opinion... Maybe there is something else I'm missing.

     
  • At August 22, 2005 9:23 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At August 22, 2005 9:26 AM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    I'd like to offer a logical and reasonable explanation for my intolerant behavior, but due to the fact that's it's Religious Intolerance Week (and a half), such traits "logic" and "reason" are frowned upon.

    I think I'll do a sum-up when I'm finished, so as to clear up any misuderstandings. For now, your comments will be disregarded. Have a nice day.

    -Germy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home