GDL pt. 3

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Finally, it was my turn for the interview. Up I go to the window. I was a little apprehensive and the lady who was interviewing was young and looked a little bitchy. She took my passport and saw it had been issued in London. She asked me if I had been living in London and I answered “Si” (they interview you in Spanish, how cute!). Then she asked “DOING WHAT?!?!?” and I was all like “Ummm… NOT working illegally, I SWEAR!!!!”… haha, ok, ok, I didn’t say that (Thank God!), I just said “Clases de inglés” (which was not a lie). To which she responded “OH… so we can do this in ENGLISH then???”. And I was all like “BRING IT ON, BITCH!!!!”. After that things went by really smoothly. I’m not sure if my spiffy clean suit and tie had anything to do with it, or maybe it was the name dropping. All I know is that I was not asked for ANYTHING other than my passport. No pay slips, no proof or travel, no proof of education, nothing. So who knows, really…I was told I would get my shiny new visa stamped on my passport the very next day. Hoo-ray! Germy can now visit (and shop in) the USA!!! Among other things…

That meant I had to spend the night in GDL. Alone. In a hotel room. Hmmmmm… anyone for some casual sex??? My silent roomie had commented on some neat gay clubs in the city; I thankfully remembered their names. There was also a gay club/coffe house nearby. Or maybe I could just go to an internet café and hook up online. The possibilities were endless. But I took none of them.

Ok, ok. Let me give some context first. I had to wake up that day at 4:30 am to catch the 5:30am bus to GDL from Vallarta. After NOT sleeping on the bus I made my way to the consulate and just waited forever. I was in there over 3 hours and I was tired, nursing a nasty cold/fever and it was raining lightly when I walked out. I just wanted to crawl into a bed and not wake up for a LONG time. Yes, even though the possibilities in a city that size were huge, I had ZERO energy to even get out of bed once I shacked up in a hotel two blocks from the consulate. Yes, a more party-minded and thrill-seeking person would not have bothered with physical limits, but Germy is not that person. Besides, I called my mom and she told me not to go out. See, I also didn’t’ go out because my mommy told me not to. So, no; sadly this story does not end with me fucking a stranger. Next time, next time…

One thing is sure, tho… I LOVE GDL!!! The feel, the people, the city! It sure makes Vallarta seem like a scrawny little town. But coming home was very welcomed, too. Cheers to that…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home