I know what you did last weekend (Pt. 2)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ok, even my mom has something to do with this story. Can you believe?

Before coming to visit me, my mom stopped by my brother's apartment (in a faraway country) in her now annual international brother-tour. She hung out with some of his friends and, among them, A (my new boyfriend, for all of those who didn't pay attention). She mentioned how she had met him a year earlier and how different he looked. She said he had lost a lot of weight and that he looked really handsome. She was quite insistent on this fact and, if I hadn't known any better, I might have suspected my mom was trying to sell a guy on me. Good thing I didn't suspect this, having your mom recommend a guy is a real turn off.

My brother had already mentioned A had lost almost a third of his body weight while he was participating in a nutritional and exercise program at work. I had thought "Oh, cool". I mean he was pretty chubby when I met him, but, like I said, Germy has always kind of been turned on by "full-figured" guys, so I never really saw it as an impediment. Honest. Then I actually saw pictures of how he looked now... WOW! YEE! WHOA! GEEZ! NO WAY! OH MY GOD! NAAAAAAAAHH! OH MAN! Seriously, I mean even his FACE changed. It was incredible. Now he looked, well, hot. Yum. If he had sparked my interest before, now he had set me ablaze. I knew I would see him last weekend, so I was a Germy with a mission. To accentuate this, I will sing a few bars from Stephen Sondheim's Academy Award winning song "Sooner or later", made famous by none other than Madonna in the film "Dick Tracy":


Sooner or later you're gonna be mine,
Sooner or later you're gonna be fine.
Baby, it's time that you face it,
I always get my man.

Sooner or later you're gonna decide,
Sooner or later there's nowhere to hide.
Baby, it's time, so why waste it in chatter?
Let's settle the matter.

Baby, you're mine on a platter,
I always get my man...


It was clear. This guy was toast. He had no choice but to fall hopelessly in love with me. Just like all of you Germy-blog fans did.

HA! Ok, not really. I honestly had no idea what to expect (really, Serge!). I thought he was a nice guy, really cute, I knew he was smart and earned a lot of money, tall, handsome. What was not to like?

Anyways, when we finally met up again, well, things went pretty smoothly. Sort of. While I was chatting alone with my brother, A called my brother up on his cell phone. "Ooohhh, smooth", I thought. He then asked to speak to me and we chatted a little. He then casually mentioned that he would like to take me to a gay bar in town. I remarked, very cool and controlled: "Oh, sure". The trap was set.

The next night we all went out to dinner: my brother, his friends (including A) and me. It was a nice place, and they had a huge wine list. I politely told the waiter: "No wine for me, thank you very much, I want cheap booze, please." Haha. During dinner I sat almost directly in front of him. I had wanted to sit next to him, but the ├╝ber-geeks beat me to the spot. FUCK! Anyways, this position turned out to be better because I was able to stare right at him. It's incredible; a stare is a very aggressive form of communication. Few animals in nature can stand a direct stare. We humans are not one of them. Looking someone straight in the eyes can be terribly intimidating (like I so remembered last Friday night). But, also, it can be very assertive and can speak, well, a thousand words. And it did.

I went to the bathroom, innocently (REALLY!). When I came out of the stall he was taking a leak. I thought "YESSSSsssssSSSSSSssssSSSSSS. Smart boy." So as I was washing my hands, and he was finishing up, I casually remarked "So, are you ready to go to that damn 'Cowgirls' place?" (My brother's friends were bent on going there, a "Coyote Ugly" type bar with dancing and singing bartender cowgirls). Remember, he already knew I was gay, so this was my chance to "plot" something. He said "Well, kind of. We can go somewhere else afterwards if you want." He was going along beautifully. I then answered "Hey, sure. Let's go with them and then we can make our getaway". We then shared a smile of complicity. Oh boy... what a world.


P.S. My mom is still in Europe and I wrote to her telling her me and A had actually hooked up. She was glad, and casually mentioned my ex (who was a total dear with her whole she was in London) had sent me a book as a present with her. She said he had written a very "affectionate" note for me inside. She immediately added that she had only poked inside because she had had to unwrap the present while she was going thru customs... yeah right. Anyways, to this news I immediately thought: "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. FUCK."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home