Let's talk about sex...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Ok, the other day me and A had a very frank and open conversation about sex. Now, Germy loves talking about this subject, to the embarrassment and utter horror of others sometimes. Still, I love it even more when I talk about sex with my bf.

Granted, it wasn't always so easy for me to talk about it, to anyone. Germy was still brought up in that pseduo-religious style in which sex is avoided at all costs and only mentioned in very short very ambiguous conversations. But when I finallly got it out in the open, well, it was quite a relief.

I think it's very important for a couple to talk openly about sex. Favorite topics are frequency of masturbation, intervals between eyaculation and recuperation, most orgasms in a night, favorite activities, etc. This has a lot to do with feedback in a relationship. Germy can't help but stress this fact. Yes, when you're getting "intimate" with someone you have to pay attention to how they react to see what is working and what isn't. But still, we're not fucking mind readers. Talking about what you like and what you don't is VERY helpful, especially when sex is concerned. You might want to go through stuff you would like to try, and stuff you're just not ready for. Information is power.

My bf A was actually the one who brought up the subject. I was happy he did (having more experience than him, I wasn't too sure how comfortable he was talking about sex, and so didn't want to scare him). He was kind of uncomfortable at first, he was quite shy and embarrassed. But as we got to talking more about it, well, the initial hesitance slowly melted away. And that's a good thing. Like seeing two guys kiss, talking about sex just takes a little getting used to.

Now, next step is putting those words into action... yum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home