Aarrrggggghhhhhh!!!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Some idiot I know from Uni sent me an e-mail offering free DVD rentals from Blockbuster Online. I thought it was too good to be true, but I clicked anyway... I mean it was in Spanish (Germy's native language). But it was simply mistake #1, because this guy is a known idiot (actually, it was mistake #2, #1 was opening an email from said idiot).

So I'm maneuvering throught the user interface, which sucks. They ask me what email I use, and I say "Yahoo!". Then I come to a page that has two buttons. One of which says "Tell your 249 friends in your Yahoo! address folders about this deal!", which I was NOT going to click on, and the other says "Look at your contact first". Of course I wanted to filter who I was going to send the info to... so I clicked on the bottom button... and then the fucking page sent the fucking thing to my ENTIRE email list! I was all like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!

It so happens that the label saying "Look at your contacts first" was actually a link taht showed all my contacts so I could filter them. FUCK. These Blockbuster people have no idea how to design user interfaces. When you insert a link, make it LOOK like a fucking link (i.e. underline it). Does nobody read usability guru Jakob Nielsen's Alert Boxes?!?!?!

And here's the kicker... the deal is only available in the US. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH! All for not! So if you got some stupid Blockbuster email from me, sorry...

Side note: very smart for them to me marketing this to the US's Spanish-speaking markets...

2 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2005 1:18 PM, Blogger SJES said…

    Oh dear. Thanks for the email, anyway. Next time, pleeeease be more careful and don't send a virus, would you?

    :P

     
  • At November 17, 2005 2:44 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Oh, give me a break! I've already gotten over 50 email errors in my Inbox... I need to update my address list...

    Oh, and get this, the fucking emails all have really personal-like text, as if I had writen them myself. YIKES! SPOOKY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home