And they're off!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ok, the nominations are out! Here are my thoughts...

Best Picture. Well, I wasn't expecting to see Munich here, but again, any interesting movie is welcomed. I was delighted to see Crash make the cut. I definitely have to see it now. Hell, I have to see at least ONE nominated film, geez, haha. Sadly, no musical films showed up this year. Boooo. Again, we'll just have to wait for Dreamgirls next year to sweep.

Best Actor. No real surprises here, all the usual suspects. I still don't get the black gangsta-raper guy (Terrence Howard for Hustle & Flow) , but who the hell am I to judge, right? haha.

Best Actres. Again, no big surprises. It was neat to see Keira Knightly nominated, also Charlize Theron. I think they both rock.

There IS a God! Jake Gyllenhaal was finally nominated!!! HOO-RAY!!! I'm charmed... I'm disarmed! What a dreamboat! What a talent!... ok, now I have to actually see the fucking movie, haha. It was also neat to see William Hurt (A history of violence) nominated, I just love him, so damn cute.

I'm ecstatic that both Frances McDormand (North Country) and Catherine Keener (Capote) were nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category. They're both some of my favorite actresses, so that's sweet. And who the hell is Amy Adams? What the hell is Junebug? I actually love it when they nominate unknows in little-heard-of films; they usually point to good un-seen material. I've discovered quite a few gems this way, Pieces of April (for which Patricia Clarkson was nominated) comes to mind. Not that I've seen any of the much-heard-of films anyway, tho... haha.

Only three nominated songs? Is this a new rule? No good songs this year? Do they want to cut back on the Oscar broadcast running time? What gives? At least Dolly Parton is nominated, sheesh (for "Travelin' Thru" from Transamerica).

Snubs? Well, I'm sorry Laura Linney didn't get a nomination for The Squid and the whale. She should be nominated yearly, just for being Laura, hello!

Alos, neither the Geisha movie, nor King Kong nor Episode III got any big nods (not even the latter for special effects, ouch). Thank goodness! HA!

Up next... Germy's predictions of who will win... and who should win... stay tuned...

2 Comments:

  • At February 01, 2006 4:23 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    My teacher from last semester told me that Junebug was really good, but when I wanted to watch it... it was too late. It was gone!

    Terrence Howard appears in Crash and he is really good there. I didn't watch Hustle & Flow, so I cannot talk about it - (well, it is good that Germy does not follow this rule of talking only if you know what you are talking about)

     
  • At February 01, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger DramaKing said…

    Ha! Limits exist only in your mind... =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home