Just one question

Monday, March 06, 2006

You know, I'd always dreamed since I was a kid that for once there would be a genuine huge surprise at the Oscars. That some dark-horse/underdog would completely overwhelm the Academy and stun the whole world with its win. When Adrien Brody took home the Best Actor Oscar it was quite a surprise, but there was no clear frontrunner that year; likewise, when "Million Dollar Baby" won last year over "The Aviator", the latter was not a huge critical success. So, my dream of a true Oscar-night stunner had been left unfulfilled. Until yesterday. I only have one question: WHY THE FUCK DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, I really want to see Crash now. But I have a strange feeling that I will have some strange biased towards it. Just a hunch.

2 Comments:

  • At March 08, 2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God hates fags?

     
  • At March 15, 2006 11:17 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    Oh, I was in Barcelona when I read it and I couldn't believe it. I was in front of the computer and I was sad. Sad because there is a longer process than I imagined.

    I watched Crash long time ago and it was a good movie, a very good movie -- but at that time, I decided to watch another movie to recommend it in my monthly review.

    In any way... Why? I believe that many people simple didn't really think that BM was such a great picture. There are so many layers that they still need to remove to see it clearly. At least, I want to believe that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home