Pretty music

Monday, April 03, 2006


La 5ª Estación. Acústico.
I first heard this band when I arrived in PV last year. I was blown away by the girl's fantastic voice (the group is Mexican but she's Spanish). Their pop tunes where full of life and terribly hummable. It had been a long time since I had heard pop music this good (in Spanish at least). Highly recommended, especially since it's accoustic, you get to really appreciate these guys as the real musicians they are. The best? "Daría", "El sol no regresa", "Niña", "Algo más". Duh.







Bebé. Pafuera telarañas.
My roomie SurferChick recommended this CD to me. Wow, I was impressed. This girl sings with heartbreaking honesty. Another Spaniard, yes, but her singing is a completely different from 5th Station above. Bebé brings an urban vibe, vulgarity and raunchiness to her songs that make them irresistible. I love "Ella", "Con mis manos"(!!!), "Malo", "Siete horas". A great album.







Simply Opera Voices.
Callas, Domingo, Pavarotti, Carreras. What else could you ask for? Here they are singing some of the most exquisite opera arias ever. I know, how gay is THAT? Haha. Anyways, it's a wonderful CD and it's incredibly cheap (Amazon didn't even have a photo for it, geez, haha). Their loss... our gain. Wonderful.

1 Comments:

  • At April 04, 2006 5:24 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    I got "Pafuera telarañas". I was surprised that I knew a lot of the songs, but I don't know from where :S

    Good selection.If you want to hear some French pop music, M got this CD in France and it is pretty good.

    Luminescence by Anggun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home