Back!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yes, Germy is back in TJ. I arrived Monday evening, and my luggage arrived Wednesday morning. Yes, thank you Aeromexico, I shall never use you again. It was a fantastic trip, I got to see and chat with so many wonderful people and have some genuine good fun.

I got to talk to one of my favorite teachers, tell her all about my new job and upcoming move to USA; she also chatted about how things were going at the school, how enrollment has dipped, how the dean still sucks, etc. What a great lady, seeing her is a real treat. And I got to buy her lunch (and since she's not my teacher anymore, it's not sucking up! ha!). I saw my cousin who after quite a few years in Uni looks like she'll finally graduate next year. Cool. We had a few laughs and a bunch of beers together. Good times.

I got to see lots of old friends. They were SO much fun, seriously. I even presented some girls I knew from school to Serge, and we all went out to some guy's birthday bash and had a great time. It turns one girl even grew up in the same neighborhood as Serge ("La Linda, weeeee") and they all got along swimmingly. I must admit, the alcohol helped, haha.

Then my queer buddies all got together to see the Tony Awards (I know, how gay is that, haha). It was so much fun to act so unabashedly gay in great queer company. The effeminate form of expression among men is something that used to make me uncomfortable. Now, I'm so good at it and used to it, I've heard I even make other people uncomfortable, ha! Anyways, it was great fun being with "the girls". And there's this one guy, a new friend of Serge's... oh my. First, I just thought he was hot. Then, after talking with him, I found out he was also witty, smart, funny, etc. Oh my. What a dreamboat.

Anyways, MTY as usual was a blast. I hope to return in the near future. Probably not this year, but soon.

I'll leave you with a clip from last Sunday's Tony Awards. It's from the Drowsy Chaperone (they were robbed by Jersey Boys!!!!). It shows one of my favorite Broadway actresses, Sutton Foster. In this clip, she gets to really "Show off" her voice and dancing. I saw her live in NYC in her Tony-winning role in Thoroughly Modern Millie. She was really good. In this clip, she's fucking fantastic. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home