And speaking of little children...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

There are some early frontrunners for the Democratic party. Most notably Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama. These two have been making quite a fuss across the country over the last few weeks. It's depressing to know that the actual Presidential election is still about 20 months away. Geez.

I wish I could vote here in the US. It feels weird living in a place you can't vote. Anyways, if I could vote, I would not vote for Barack Obama. Why? Because he's muslim and black. Ha! Just kidding. First of all he's not even Muslim. And he's not even black. Ok, he is. But I still wouldn't vote for him. I don't know, I mean he just seems kind of fake. Like he's too clean and perfect. I know this sounds really racist, but he seems way too whote to be black. Ha! Something just feels weird. Anywas, how on Earth does a black man called Barack Hussein Obama think he can win the Presedential election in the USA? This is the same fucking country that elected George Bush for crying out loud! Talk about unreal expectation. A guy like that is not cut out to be Prez, simple as that.

Ok, that now brings us to Hillary. She's the wife of Bill Clinton, the God of the Democratic party. Indestructible and irresistibly charming and even pretty handsome. Does she have any of these traits? Of course not. She couldn't come off as charming even if she tried. And now she seems to be trying and hard. I don't know, the truth is that Hillary has always seemed evil to me. I don't necessarily think that's a bad trait, especially for a politician, but she juts seems bad. The way she's flip-flopped on the issues, like gay marriage (not she's for it, apparently) and the war in Iraq (now she's against it, apparently) have made me trust her even less. Could she be a competent President? I think so. Does she have even the slightest chance of winning? At this point, no. She's a very polarizing force in American politics, you either love her or you hate her. And a whole lot of people hate her, even in the Democratic party. She needs to win over middle America if she wants to stand a ghost of a chance, and that will be a hard sell if there ever was one. Good luck, tuts. And also, as a gay man, I will never ever forget the fact that her husband signed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. Fuck both of you, Clintons.

These two have already started the mud-slinging and accusations, and with the elction more than a year and a half away, it's just going to steadily get worse. Hang on to your butts, darlings, this is going to be one hell of a bumpy ride. Yes, politics, the art of the possible.

It had been a while since I had written anything of substance. It feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home