To London and back

Friday, February 16, 2007

Germy's back in town! Yo, yo! I'm back from my whirlwind trip to the UK. I was there for 9 days (two of which were spent mostly travelling, *yawn*). As usual, London was as fabulous and beautiful as ever. Seeing my lond-distance boyfriend, The Guy, was also wonderful. Having lots of sex was pretty nice too, hehe.

I went to the theater (5 times! ha!) about which I'll talk about later. My free time (while the bf was working) was usually spent going to museums and just walking or riding around in those huge double-decker buses and just taking in the wonders around me. What a wonderful city! Can't wait for the 2012 Olympics! I got nifty new Canon digital camera for my trip (actually, the first digital camera I've ever owned for myself) and took some neat pics. Ping me if you want the link. Sorry, I filtered out the naughty pics, haha... they're only available if you have AMEX, Master Card or Visa... :P

An unintended consequence of this trip was that many coworkers of mine made more inquiries than I was expecting. The conversation usually went something like this:

Coworker: Where are you going on your vacation?

Germy: Oh, London

Coworker: London?!?! Awesome!

Germy: Yup, yup.

Coworker: What are you gonna be doing over there?

Germy: Oh, well, um... visiting my boyfriend.

Coworker: *Pause* Oh. Ok. Umm, good for you.

Ha! It was a riot to see this exact same scene repeated a few more times, haha. Don't get me wrong, my company is quite open-minded and has many same-sex domestic partner policies. But it still caught most people by surprise, hehe. Now that I'm older and have thought about it more, I think it's usually best to come out in a quiet and casual manner, not sitting down with someone and breaking the huge news. I think it sets the tone for your sexual orientation to be treated just as casually and naturally as any other person. The attention-hungry diva in me has wanned over the years, I suppose.

My officemate actually gave me a stunned look and asked "You mean your bf works in London?" and I said "Yes". TO which he replied "Oh....umm... I didn't know that", trying to make a graceful recovery. "Well, you never asked" I replied. Hee hee. What a world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home