Ties that bind

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I love my mom, I really do. It's just that sometimes she annoys the hell out of me. I know everything she does is thinking for my best interest (in her mind at least), but sometimes she really hits a nerve.

She has this habit of hearing any negative news about homosexuals and directly associating it with me (yeah, the only homosexual she knows well). She once heard of this guy in Mexico City who took guys to him home and killed them. She called me all worried, hoping I wouldn't be doing "bad stuff". I lived about 2hrs plane ride from Mexico City, btw.

The last one she pulled was that she heard some marine in Tijuana went berserk and killed some guy he had hooked up with. She got all worried and wished I wouldn't do anything like that. If my life was half as interesting as my mom imagined it (or as busy), I'd be so busy fucking I'd have little time for eating and sleeping and such.

And it's not just my mom being overprotective. It's the indirect way in which she tells me. She never explicitly says "Don't sleep around". She rather says "Oh, I hope you never do that, oh I hope, I hope". Very annoying. What kind of stung this last time also was the fact that she knows me and The Guy are back together, but it somehow didn't register with her and she warned me about sleeping around anyways. Maybe my mom knows more about men than I give her credit for. I have been unfaithful to a guy or two (or three) in the past, but it annoys me nonetheless. In a more recent conversation she warned that I should be careful with The Guy, that I should always be aware that he may just get up and leave one day. It always hurts to see right-wing fanatics profess how unstable and inadequate homosexual relationships are. It hurts on a whole other level to hear it from your mom. I didn't protest or challenge her, I just said "Ok, mom, sure".

Anyways, on to other less depressing news... it pretty much looks like Psesito is moving to Seattle! Cool, huh? It will be really nice to have a good college buddy in town. We totally have to do a bar crawl when he arrives, hee hee. Seattle nightlife is actually pretty decent. Till then...

2 Comments:

  • At March 07, 2007 11:53 PM, Blogger psesito said…

    "on to other less depressing news"

    You should have said "on to some exciting news".

    Oh my! It is so weird that I will be moving soon. I really feel that Arlington is home and I am leaving home for the second time.

     
  • At March 08, 2007 1:13 AM, Anonymous Germy said…

    Ok, I mean exciting is indeed less depressing, isn't it???? Ha! =P

    Anyways, after graduating I moved around a lot, so I sort fo got used to not making long-term connections where I stopped. For me, it's weird to stay so long in a single place, haha. But I think I can get used to it... maybe.... =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home