New roomies

Monday, April 09, 2007

We got two new roommates last week. One was a dog, Rita, and the other was Psesito! Haha. Guess which one is the bigger bitch??? =P

Having the one and only Psesito here has been good fun. Even though I have plenty of good buddies here, him and me go back a long time and are kind of on a different wavelength and just gets where I'm coming from in a deeper way than my other buddies. It's nice. He seems to have adapted quite well to my buddies (and gay buddies) and we already went out to a gay bar and had quite a good time.

I hesitated about telling The Guy that Psesito would be my roommate. There's not a completely comfortable past there. It's not worth going into that now, it's been such a long time really, but it's a fact. I did tell him and he said I was making a fuss over nothing really. I guess I was. Although maybe I wouldn't be as comfortable if my long-distance boyfriend was living with an old ex. One more virtue of The Guy, I suppose.

Psesito has been looking for a house the minute he got to Seattle. I've been sort fo helping him look. My super sister in law managed to recommend both a completely incompetent real estate agent and an fucking retarded lender, so I heard plenty of complaints from Psesito about this. It started getting annoying, but now we poke fun at the fact that the agent was a also a completely incompetent driver and had trouble opening doors to houses... I mean seriously, isn't that a requirement for being a real estate agent?

Anyways, after stressing about how expensive property is in general, on Saturday night Psesito and I came to the realization that if we actually bought something together we could a) Buy a bigger place, b)Buy something brand new and c)Buy something closer to work. We actually started looking at 2-3 bedroom townhomes and found some pretty nice ones that were exactly within a comfortable price range. Cool. We're not dead-set on doing it, Psesito is still looking for himself right now, but we agree that if we find something that's a great value and one person can't afford it, we might take the plunge.

Buying a house with someone else actually means a lot of things. First of all, I'm pretty much agreeing to staying at least two more years in Seattle. And that me and The Guy won't be able to buy something of or own in that timeframe wither (not that we had any plans or anything). In fact, plans with us are pretty much non-existant, which bothers me some. Maybe that's where all of this came about. For some reason I like to plan ahead a lot, and buying a house seems like a good opportunity to make a good investment. If I start planting myself here, maybe it might force The Guy to finally hawl ass over here himself. He seems to be enamoured with London, which I also love, but that plan seems built on dreams and wishes, shaky ground indeed. I've actually come to enjoy Seattle quite a lot. Maybe it has to do with my new Mexican gay clan, maybe with the sprawling theater life. I dunno. I can just more easily imagine myself here now, for a longer period of time. And I want my boyfriend here also.

Anyways, The Guy and me need to have a chat. I don't want to make this decision without consulting him first and talking through all the consequences. I really don't want to force him into anything, but I'm getting ready to make some hard decisions with lasting consequences and would appreciate him being up to the challenge. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home