A new life

Sunday, May 27, 2007

My boyfriend just left for London. Again. He came to visit me for a week, so that means there was a lot of cuddling, sex and talking. Yes, some fighting, but lots of learning too. His departure wasn't as sad as other times, I'm not completely sure why. Maybe it's because I feel the day we are finally living together is much farther off than I'd originally imagined. Maybe it's because it's simply become easier to say goodbye. I dunno. The next six months will be critical in our relationship, so I just have to come to terms with the fact that I have to wait and see.

I've decided to give my blog a new life. I've realized that for the past year my posts have been short or anecdotal, not much content with real substance. I have not written any essays or many comments on current political and social issues. No original fiction. This is unfortunate, I feel. I want to dedicate the little time I have now for writing to creating content that is more meaningful to me. Maybe even samples of work in progress. I do not want this space to turn into a serious content blog, but rather a space for me to mature as a writer. Yes, I do plan to comment on my life, but I will no longer use this blog to just narrate what I did in the week. I felt that was a good way to keep my friends in the loop of what I was doing in my life... but I've since realized that it's so much better to call them up, go out to eat with them, etc, and just plain tell them myself. The human experience comes out on top yet again. Cheers.

6 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2007 11:18 PM, Blogger SJES said…

    Post please.

     
  • At August 13, 2007 12:55 AM, Anonymous Germy said…

    Oh shush! I'm like totally handicapped, man! My wrists have been giving me trouble...sniff... I've been limiting my typing, only for work, sniff... how's CA?

     
  • At August 14, 2007 12:20 AM, Blogger SJES said…

    So far, so good. I arrived last week, and had a mini vacation in the area. This week is about "settling in", 'cause next week everything will start. Wish me luck.

     
  • At August 14, 2007 1:35 PM, Blogger Hot Toddy said…

    Your thoughts on blogging capture the way I feel too. It is hard to strike a balance between anecdotes and essays, isn't it?

     
  • At December 03, 2007 2:01 AM, Blogger psesito said…

    And after 6 months... is germy going to write more posts?

     
  • At June 15, 2012 3:56 AM, Blogger MS outlook 2010 said…

    Bring visual consequences so that you can text message.Along with Word 2010, Microsoft Office 2010 you may use picture consequences so that you can text message.With Statement The year 2010, you can get inside Office 2010 Key a number of places as well as many products first-class document encounter.Expression 2010 and beyond features changed exactly how those that have any report. Co-authoring abilities, it is possible to modify the particular paper, as Office 2010 well to share your opinions with other people.Makes use of the fresh Succeed 2010 data research in addition to creation functions, it's easy to monitor as well as Microsoft Office 2010 Key high light crucial info movements.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home